"It’s a good test from our perspective. The candidates that do well in the test certainly seem to be our better performers"
Arran Finlayson, CEO, The Back Office Co
Double Entry Accounting Test
The Double Entry Accounting Skills Test is designed to be a fast, simple and efficient way to determine if your candidate has an intuitive grasp of the basics of double entry accounting (i.e. debits and credits).
The test is ideal for graduate or entry level positions or for slightly higher level positions where you have any concerns about the candidates basic accounting skills. It is also an ideal follow on from the Bookkeeper or Part / Non Qualified Accounting Test if candidates have scored poorly in those tests.
For a more generalist test covering double entry and business acumen see the Graduate / Trainee Accountant Test.
Double Entry Accounting Skills Test
The test covers four areas:
- Easy Journals – identifying journals required from easy transactions
- Harder Journals - identifying journals required from harder transactions
- Financial Statements – identifying where accounts will be found in financial statements
- Transactions – from a journal entry identifying the transaction that has occurred
Double Entry Accounting Skills Test Features
- 20 Questions & a time limit of 15 minutes
- 3 variants of all questions
- Questions loaded randomly to manage risks of tests being compromised & cheated
- Online access enabling candidates to complete tests anywhere
- Fast report generation of completed tests sent straight to your inbox
- Easy pay-as-you go options
- Each test purchased allows you to test one candidate
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help you understand more about their test report.
- Double Entry test + Personality profile £180
- Double Entry test + Ability (Critical Reasoning) test £115
- Double Entry test + Personality + Critical Reasoning £270
Use the 'Additional Testing Options' menu on the top right of this page to select the bundle you need. The Critical Reasoning Test is designed for those with a tertiary qualification. All tests are delivered immediately to your inbox.
Not sure which test is right for your candidate? Find out with our Which Test Table here
What our clients are saying
"The tests were extremely valuable in providing an independent gauge of the skill level of the candidates, which played a key part in making a decision on who was right for the role.”
"We have found that Accountests gives us the opportunity to understand our candidates accounting ability, which no other product has done until now. It also gives us the opportunity to base further questions for the candidate around what we can see their ability is and enable us to make an informed decision."
"The abilities being shown by the recruited candidate correlates with the outcome of their test, and they are progressing and delivering to expectations"