"I first used Accountests products about a year ago and have seen first-hand a correlation between high performing candidates in the test being appraised as high performers in the workplace a year later.
The products are extremely user-friendly and cover all the basic fundamental areas of accounting that you would want to explore in making hiring decisions. Both the candidates sitting the tests, myself as the reviewer and my clients agreed that they hit the mark and make hiring decisions much easier."
Adam Napper, Senior Talent Advisor, Consult Accounting & Finance Recruitment
Cost Accountant Test
The Cost Accountant Test is designed to assess candidates whose position will include providing cost accounting support to their organisation. The test assumes a level of skill and competency that would normally be held by an accountant who is a member of their professional body, such as CIMA / CGMA, ICAEW, ACCA or similar. This test is also applicable to those with qualifications in accounting, or those without formal qualifications, but significant work experience in cost accounting.
The test covers four core cost accounting activities:
- Variances - identifying, calculating and interpreting production variances
- Implementation – costing methods and terminology
- Practical Issues – dealing with real costing issues
- Accounting – recording costing analysis including an understanding of IFRS
The report received will enable the recruiting manager to gain insight into a candidate's skills and knowledge in each of these four activities, as well as a comparative overall score and performance against a norm group of other cost accountants. You can also identify a candidate's performance in the activities most relevant to your vacant role.
Time to complete = 30 minutes
- Number of Questions = 40
- Question Levels – Basic = 12, Intermediate = 16, Advanced = 12
- Questions per topic – Variances = 10, Costing Theory = 10, Practical Questions = 10, Accounting for Inventory = 10
- Each test purchased allows you to test one candidate
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help understand more about their test report.
- Cost Accountant test + Personality profile £255
- Cost Accountant test + Ability (Critical Reasoning) test £190
- Cost Accountant test + Personality test + Critical Reasoning test £345
Use the 'Additional Testing Options' menu on the top right of this page to select the bundle you need. All tests are delivered immediately to your inbox.
Not sure which test is right for your candidate? Find out with our Which Test Table here
What our clients are saying
"The tests were extremely valuable in providing an independent gauge of the skill level of the candidates, which played a key part in making a decision on who was right for the role.”
"We have found that Accountests gives us the opportunity to understand our candidates accounting ability, which no other product has done until now. It also gives us the opportunity to base further questions for the candidate around what we can see their ability is and enable us to make an informed decision."
"The abilities being shown by the recruited candidate correlates with the outcome of their test, and they are progressing and delivering to expectations"